- Better way of baking reflections.
- More accurate than reflection probes which bake reflections from only one point of view.
- Running at 30 fps on Adreno 540 – GPU on android.
- Dynamic objects can recieve reflections from the static objects but the dynamic objects will not cast reflections on other dynamic objects.
- First, the voxel grid is baked using compute shader and then, voxel info – color and occupied flag is stored as a text file.
- During scene start, notepad file is read into an array and passed to the GPU as a compute buffer for the ray tracing step.
- Ray tracing at 1/4th resolution through a 128x128x128 voxel grid.
- Reduced space usage by packing the color and occupied flag in a 32 bit int.
- Can use lesser step size, more ray trace iterations and an increased voxel resolution on PC for better quality reflections.